Raspberry créme brûlée
Delicious and healthy, these are so easy that before you know it, your little ones will be making them for themselves
- Divide the raspberries equally among six ramekins. Whisk the egg yolks and two tablespoons of sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy.
- Heat the cream gently (don't boil) for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla, and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Slowly add the cream to the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Pour the mixture back into the pan, and stir over a low heat for a few minutes. Pour the custard into the ramekins and allow to cool.
- Transfer to the fridge to set (about 2 hours). Sprinkle the custards evenly with the remaining sugar. Place under a hot grill until the sugar bubbles and browns. Allow the topping to harden for 20 minutes before serving.
- 200g fresh raspberries
- 4 large egg yolks
- 5 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 560ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
This and more great recipes are featured in the Complete Children's Cookbook (£19.99, dk.com), available now
Recipes & FoodFondant hedgehog cupcakes
Fondant hedgehog cupcakes Want to learn how to make these lovely cupcake-...
Recipes & FoodPressed sandwiches
Pressed sandwiches These posh pressed sandwiches would make a great addition to...
Recipes & FoodAlmond granola bars
Almond granola bars These almond-scented granola bars are a wonderful, healthy...
Recipes & FoodSummery sausage rolls
Summery sausage rolls A summery, lighter take on the comfort food classic....