Savoury corn fritters
These fritters are a perfect healthier alternative to burgers if you're looking to get more veg into the family's diet
- Put the corn, rice flour, eggs, dill, sea salt and pepper (if using) in a large bowl and stir together until combined.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat, then drop in spoonfuls of the mixture and cook for 3-4 minutes before flipping and cooking the other side.
- Cooking the fritters this way gives a rustic look, but you can spray cooking rings with olive or coconut oil, place in the hot pan and spoon the mixture into them, pressing down to form the shape.
- Once cooked on both sides, drain the fritters on paper towel before serving on their own or with toppings such as diced tomato and avocado.
What you need:
- 400g corn kernels
- 60g brown rice flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- Handful of fresh dill
- 1 tsp sea salt (optional)
- Black pepper (optional)
- 125ml coconut oil
From Real Food Kids by Jess Lomas (£8.99, Wilkinson Publishing).
Recipes & FoodHow to make thyme and onion burgers
How to make thyme and onion burgers Almost any cooked vegetable can go in, from...
Recipes & FoodHow to make cornmeal onion rings
How to make cornmeal onion rings These crispy rings will warm up any winter...
Recipes & FoodCorn fritters
Corn fritters Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a frying pan, and cook the ...
Safety & First aidRaising young children with pets
Raising young children with pets Top tips on raising pets and people under the...