Inside out toffee apples
Why not try these deliciouls inside out toffee apples that the kids will love
To make the toffee sauce:
- Combine sugar, butter, cream and corn syrup in a saucepan over high heat.
- Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly until a temperature of 230 degrees Fahrenheit is reached (use a sugar thermometer). This could take 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Continue stirring until mixture stops bubbling and cool for up to 15 minutes.
- Cut the apples in half lengthwise and hollow out the apple halves using a small sharp knife and a melon baller
- Squeeze lemon juice over the hollowed out apples to prevent them going brown, then pat with kitchen paper to remove excess juice.
- Place the apple halves in a muffin tin (to help them stay upright), pour in the cooled sauce and place in the fridge until set.
- Cut apples into slices and serve.
- 3 large apples
- 1 lemon
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup double cream
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Recipes & FoodPizza Bianco
Pizza Bianco Masterchef winner and actress Lisa Faulkner shares one of her...
Recipes & FoodCheese and chive biscuits
Cheese and chive biscuits These savoury biscuits couldn't be simpler, and you...
Recipes & FoodVeggie nuggets with curry mango dip
Veggie nuggets with curry mango dip These healthy veggie nuggets are so good...
Recipes & FoodSunflower pancakes with green pea purée
Sunflower pancakes with green pea purée Try this sunflower twist on...