Thursday, 12 February 2015
Recipe: Vegetable & salsa verde scone pizza
A healthy pizza recipe that will prove kids really do love healthy food!Method (Revised for children):
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Mix the flour and oats together.
3. Add 2 tbsp rapeseed oil and the milk to form a dough.
4. Roll out to a 30cm circle and place on a non-stick baking tray.
5. Bake for 5 minutes.
6. Spread homemade tomato pizza sauce over the scone base.
7. Whizz the herbs up with the remaining rapeseed oil in a small food processor.
8. Mix the oil with the courgettes and red pepper. Add some black pepper.
9. Arrange the vegetables on the pizza.
10. Tear the Light Mozzarella into small pieces and arrange on top of the vegetables.
11. Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
250g self-raising wholemeal flour
3 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
175ml skimmed milk
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, crushed
25g pack basil, roughly chopped
25g pack chives, roughly chopped
1 courgette, peeled into ribbons
1 red pepper, diced
200g spinach, wilted
125g Fresh Light Mozzarella