Recipe: Mouth-watering banoffee pie
Filled with buttery caramel and lemon-soaked bananas, and topped with chocolate curls and cream, this is a delicious pie.
- Blitz the digestive biscuits to fine crumbs in a food processor. Add the melted butter and stir well. Press the crumbs into the sides and base of the cake pan.
- If you like, press a pattern of indents into the edge using your thumb.
- Heat the muscovado and caster sugars in a saucepan with the butter, until the sugars and butter have melted. Add the condensed milk and salt, and stir over
a gentle heat for about 10 minutes, until you have a thick caramel, stirring all the time to ensure the caramel does not burn. Pour into the pie crust and let cool.
- Peel the bananas, cut into slices, and coat with the lemon juice to prevent them browning. Place the bananas on top of the caramel. Whip the cream to soft peaks.
- Spoon the cream over the bananas and caramel, making sure that all the bananas are covered. Using a swivel peeler, make chocolate curls and sprinkle over the top of the pie. This pie will keep for up to 2 days if stored in the refrigerator.
For the pie crust:
- 300g digestive biscuits
- 150g butter, melted
- For the caramel:
- 90g muscovado sugar
- 30g caster sugar
- 100g butter minus
- 1 tbsp butter
- 400g condensed milk
- Pinch of salt
- 3 bananas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 400ml double cream
- 50g plain chocolate
- 25cm springform cake pan, greased and lined
Recipe courtesy of: Sweetie Pie by Hannah Miles
Recipes & FoodPizza Bianco
Pizza Bianco Masterchef winner and actress Lisa Faulkner shares one of her...
Recipes & FoodCheese and chive biscuits
Cheese and chive biscuits These savoury biscuits couldn't be simpler, and you...
Recipes & FoodVeggie nuggets with curry mango dip
Veggie nuggets with curry mango dip These healthy veggie nuggets are so good...
Recipes & FoodSunflower pancakes with green pea purée
Sunflower pancakes with green pea purée Try this sunflower twist on...