These almond-scented granola bars are a wonderful, healthy and filling snack for between meals - and they travel well, ideal for picnics and parties.
- Heat the oven to 180ºC, and grease and line a 20 x 20 x 2cm square tin with non-stick baking parchment. Take half the oats and process in a blender or food processor until they are reduced to a coarse powder. Tip them into a bowl.
- Shave the marzipan into the thinnest possible slices and rub it into the oats until it disappears. Add all the remaining oats, plus the salt, almonds, pumpkin seeds and dried apricots.
- Put the butter and honey in a small saucepan, and heat gently until the butter has melted. Pour into the oat mixture and stir well. Tip into the prepared tin and level the top carefully, using the back of a spoon to press it down well. Make the surface as even as possible, especially in the edges and corners.
- Bake the mixture for 15 minutes or until golden-brown and slightly puffy – but check after 10 minutes and turn the tin if the mixture is browning unevenly. Leave to cool in the tin.
- While still slightly warm, cut into two along one edge and six along the other to make long, slender bars. Allow them to cool completely, and store any bars you haven't eaten in an airtight tin.