Chocolate and vanilla pinwheels
These delicious roly poly cookies are great for cooking with the children - they'll love rolling the two doughs together!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Rub the butter, plain flour, salt and rice flour together in a mixing bowl until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and bring the mixture together to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into two pieces, adding the cocoa powder to one. Lightly but firmly knead the dough until the cocoa powder is fully incorporated.
- On a clean, lightly floured work surface, roll out both balls of dough into a large rectangle about 4mm thick. With the longest side facing towards you, place the chocolate dough over the top of the plain dough and roll the two together, as if making a Swiss roll, being sure to keep the log evenly rolled.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into slices about 1cm thick and lay them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, until firm and light golden.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and then store in an airtight container or cookie jar and eat within a week.
- 250g butter
- 250g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 125g rice flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 20g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 baking sheets lined with parchment
Recipes & FoodHomemade jaffa cakes
Homemade jaffa cakes Why not try making your own delicious boozy jaffa cakes...
Recipes & FoodSamoas
Samoas A grown-up cookie drizzled with dark chocolate and smothered in coconut...
Recipes & FoodChocolate scones
Chocolate scones Still the scones you know and love - just with a chocolatey...
Recipes & FoodChoco dodgers
Choco dodgers A perfect twist on the classic children's biscuits - perfect for...