Sandwiched together with a layer of raspberry jam, these cookies are a great step up from Jammie Dodgers.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Add the egg, and continue to beat until fully incorporated.
- Stir in the flour and almonds and bring the mixture together to form a stiff dough. Cover with cling film and leave to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle about 3-4mm thick.
- Cut out shapes using a cookie cutter. Lay them on the prepared baking sheets, leaving a little space for spreading between each one.
- Use a very small cutter to cut out the centre of half the biscuits. Make sure you have an even numbers of whole cookies and cookies with holes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, until light golden and firm.
- Leave on the baking sheet to cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust the cookies with holes in with icing sugar. Spread the whole cookies with raspberry jam and top with the dusted cookies with holes in. Store in an airtight container or cookie jar and eat within three days.