Thursday, 08 October 2015
Veggie nuggets with curry mango dip
These healthy veggie nuggets are so good the family won't even notice the difference
- Cook the quinoa in 200ml unsalted water in a large saucepan, covered, for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Mix the onion with eggs, almond flour, cheese, soy sauce and pepper. Stir in the cooked quinoa and the breadcrumbs.
- Cut the carrots into chip-shaped strips. Cook the potato fries according to the instructions on the packet – roast the carrots with the fries.
- Form the paste into nugget shapes and fry for a couple of minutes on each side in a medium-hot pan until crispy and golden. For the best texture, leave them to cool slightly before serving.
- Mix all ingredients for the dipping sauce and serve with the nuggets and fries.
- 90g quinoa
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 120g almond flour
- 60g strong hard cheese
- 2 tsp Japanese soy sauce
- Pinch of white or black pepper
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Rapeseed oil, for frying
- 2–3 carrots
- 4 portions of uncooked potato fries
For the dipping sauce:
This and more great recipes are featured in Very Veggie Family Cookbook by Sarah Ask and Lisa Bjärbo (£14.99, Pavilion Books).
- 200g thick yogurt
- 3 tbsp mango chutney (or mango purée from a baby food jar for a milder dip)
- ½ tsp curry powder