Thursday, 08 October 2015
Sunflower pancakes with green pea purée
Try this sunflower twist on traditional pancakes for a dish that's sweet and savoury
- Put the seeds and half the milk in a bowl and blend until smooth, using a stick blender if you wish. Add the flour, salt, eggs and the rest of the milk and then whisk into a batter.
- Shape into mini pancakes and fry in a medium-hot pan, making sure not to be stingy with the oil. It's good if the edges crisp up!
- Blend the peas and avocados to a smooth purée. Season to taste with salt, garlic and lemon juice, if using.
- Serve the pancakes immediately together with the pea purée and a
salad – we've used sunflower greens, tomatoes, pomegranate seeds and
- 175g natural sunflower seeds
- 600ml milk
- 120g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- Oil, for frying
For the pea purée:
This and more great recipes are featured in Very Veggie Family Cookbook by Sarah Ask and Lisa Bjärbo (£14.99, Pavilion Books).
- 200g frozen peas
- 2 avocados, peeled, stoned and chopped
- Pinch of salt or herb seasoning salt
- Crushed garlic, to taste
- Squeeze of lemon juice (optional)