Masterchef winner and actress Lisa Faulkner shares one of her favourite family-friendly recipes
With today's hectic lifestyles, it's important to have a central place where people can relax, socialise and get creative; for me this is in the kitchen. I love cooking with my daughter and she enjoys getting involved.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas 7 and put two baking trays in to heat.
- To pre-cook the lardons, heat one tbsp of vegetable oil in a medium frying pan and fry the lardons until slightly crisp then drain on kitchen paper and leave to cool.
- To make the dough, combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and make a well in the middle. Pour in the yoghurt and stir with a fork to combine. When the mixture forms a rough dough, turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead to form a smooth ball. Divide the dough into four equal pieces and roll out into thin circles.
- Carefully remove the hot baking trays from the oven and lay the pizza bases on top. Bake for 3-4 minutes until beginning to rise then remove from the oven.
- Turn the pizza bases over and top with a quarter of the crème fraiche, red onions, lardons and thyme leaves then return to the oven. Bake for five minutes until the bases are crisp and serve.
For the Topping:
- 200g Pancetta lardons
- 400ml crème fraiche
- 4 sliced spring onions
- Handful of thyme leaves
For the dough:
- 300g/10½oz self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 300g/10½oz natural yoghurt
Lisa Faulkner, Hotpoint brand ambassador, has launched the Love Your Kitchen campaign to get families cooking creatively together.