Monday, 09 November 2015
A healthy and super-simple dinner that's minimum fuss but maximum taste - and the salmon is full of omega 3
- Place the soy sauce, mirin, honey, ginger and 3 tbsp water in a small pan, and whisk together. Bring to the boil, then gently simmer over a medium heat for 2 minutes. Pour the marinade into a shallow glass dish and leave to cool. Add the salmon fillets, cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat the grill to high. Place the salmon on a baking tray, reserving the marinade, and cook for 7–10 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, put the reserved marinade into a small pan and bring to the boil, then remove from the heat.
- Drizzle the reduced marinade over the salmon, and garnish with the chopped coriander. Serve together with the rice and edamame beans.
What you need:
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 4 x 130-160g skinless and boneless salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Brown rice and edamame beans, to serve
From The Little Dish Family Cookbook (£14.99, Sphere).