Monday, 09 November 2015
Impress the family with these homemade fish fingers
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Cut the fish into 12 long strips, 2 x 8cm, and set aside. Place the plain flour on a plate, and the beaten egg in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley, Parmesan, butter and salt (if using).
- Dip the fish strips first into the flour and shake off the excess, then dip into the egg, allowing any excess to drip off. Finally, gently roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the crumbed fingers on the lined tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through.
- TIP Delicious served with sweet potato chips, peas and tartare sauce.
What you need:
- 500g sustainable white fish fillets, skinned
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- 100g panko or dried natural breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
From The Little Dish Family Cookbook (£14.99, Sphere).