Thursday, 07 January 2016
Hansel & Gretel's rocky road
There's no chance of anyone getting lost in the woods when they've got these chocolatey treats to lead the way
- Line a 15cm square tin with baking parchment.
- Put the butter, milk and dark chocolate chips and syrup in a pan and melt over a low heat. Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly, for about 10 minutes.
- Tip the marshmallows, roughly crushed cookies and hazelnuts into the chocolate mixture and stir in until everything is well coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until set.
- Remove from the tin. Melt the white chocolate and drizzle it over. Cut into squares to serve.
What you need:
- 100g unsalted butter
- 200g milk chocolate chips
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp corn syrup (or golden syrup)
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 100g chocolate chip cookies, crushed
- 100g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 15g white chocolate
From Fairy Tale Baking by Ramla Khan (£12.99, Apple Press).