Tuesday, 08 March 2016
Breezy mornings overnight oats
Mornings just got easier. BAM! Zero mess and a nutritious breakfast for the entire family, including your beautiful baby
- Measure all of the dry ingredients evenly into mason jars.
- Then, measure all of the wet ingredients (except fruit) evenly into the jars and seal.
- Shake, shake, shake...
- Open jars and top with chopped fresh fruit and a sprinkle of flaxseeds.
- Re-seal the jars and pop into the fridge overnight or long enough that the liquids are absorbed and the oats are soft.
- In the morning, open jars and add a dollop of coconut milk or soy yoghurt, and sprinkle with chia seeds and hemp hearts.
What you need:
- 4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups fresh fruit, chopped into small, baby-sized bites
- Sprinkle of flaxseeds
- Coconut milk or soy yoghurt
- Sprinkle of chia seeds
- Sprinkle of hemp hearts
TIP: Be mindful when introducing your baby to new foods, especially potential allergens like nuts and honey. For this reason, we recommend using non-nut milks (like coconut) and alternative natural sweeteners (like pure maple syrup) until your baby is about 12 months old. This recipe makes four full mason jars’ worth.
From Baby Nosh by Jennifer Browne and Tanya R. Loewen (£11.99, Good Books).