Monday, 21 March 2016
Mini Greek salads in brioche baskets
A posh way to present a classic, light Greek salad
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C. Roll out the bread slices using a rolling pin until very thin, then press into a lightly greased 12-hole cupcake tray. Bake for 30 minutes until crispy and hard. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the salad ingredients in a bowl. Spoon into the cooled brioche baskets, and garnish with a tiny sprig of mint.
What you need:
- 6 slices of brioche, halved
- 40g feta cheese, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 10 green olives, pitted and finely diced
- ¼ cucumber, deseeded and finely diced
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- Splash of olive oil
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt (omit for small children)
- Freshly chopped mint sprigs, to garnish
TIP: Assemble just before serving to prevent the brioche going soggy
From Social Eats: Food to Impress Your Mates from the Pop-Up King by Jimmy Garcia (£19.99, Kyle Books).