Thursday, 14 April 2016
Feed your little one's imagination as well as their appetite - mealtime has never been so fun
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables have softened. Add the garlic and salt and continue cooking for a few more minutes.
- Add the stock and passata and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the alphabet pasta. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
What you need:
- 15ml olive oil
- 250ml finely diced onion
- 125ml finely diced carrot
- 125ml finely diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fine sea salt (optional)
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1.25 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- 250ml passata or tomato juice
- 125ml uncooked alphabet pasta
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
From The Kitchen Table Cookbook by Moira Sanders (£19.74, Whitecap Books).