Friday, 15 April 2016
Pepita-crusted chicken strips
Looking for a savoury treat that's not just delicious but natural and healthy too? We've got the goods
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Using a food processor fitted with the S blade attachment, or a handheld immersion blender, blitz the pepitas until crushed. Spread out over a plate.
- Sprinkle the flour over another plate. If using the cheese and basil, add to the flour and stir through.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk with a fork until just combined.
- Dip each strip into the flour, followed by the egg, and finally coat in the crushed pepitas. Place each strip on the oven tray before sprinkling a pinch of sea salt over the top. Bake for 20-30 minutes, testing one strip to check the chicken is cooked through before removing them all.
What you need:
- 140g pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 125g brown rice flour
- 20g grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp dried basil (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 400g chicken breast fillets, sliced in strips
- Sea salt
From Real Food Kids by Jess Lomas (£8.99, Wilkinson Publishing).