Marcus Wareing’s Bacon roly polies
A fun alternative to the classic dessert treat, try alternating with different fillings to see just how adaptable this delicious recipe can really be
- Heat your oven to 180°C/gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Ask your little helper to crumb the butter into the dry mixture and add the milk until combined
- Place onto a floured surface and with the your little helper, roll into thick rectangular shapes of approx. 1cm
- With some of the melted butter, brush the dough then top with the bacon to cover the pastry. Make sure there is an edge of 2cm free on one of the long sides of the dough. This is a great skill for kids to learn - just like egg washing, brushing dough helps to add great colour
- Mix together the parsley, onion, cheeses and garlic. Spread on top of the bacon
- Brush the 2cm gap at the edge of the dough with water and roll. Sealing the edge by brushing with water and attaching to the body of the roll
- Wrap in cling film and place into the fridge for 20 minutes
- Remove from the fridge and slice into 1.5cm slices. Place spiral side up onto the baking tray and bake for approx. 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm
Cooking time 15 minutes
- 8 bacon rashers
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 100g soft cheese
- 100g cheddar, grated
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 75g unsalted butter, diced and cold
- 225ml milk
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 20g butter, melted
Recipe courtesy of www.greatbritishchefs.com
Recipes & FoodFondant hedgehog cupcakes
Fondant hedgehog cupcakes Want to learn how to make these lovely cupcake-...
Recipes & FoodPressed sandwiches
Pressed sandwiches These posh pressed sandwiches would make a great addition to...
Recipes & FoodAlmond granola bars
Almond granola bars These almond-scented granola bars are a wonderful, healthy...
Recipes & FoodSummery sausage rolls
Summery sausage rolls A summery, lighter take on the comfort food classic....