1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Coat the bottom and inside of a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
3. At medium-low speed, beat the flour and the dough until combined.
4. Press sugar cookie dough onto sides and bottom of pan, creating a ¼ inch thick crust. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
5. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C. Bake the crust for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
1. Toss the apples with sugar, flour, ginger, and cinnamon. Spoon into pan.
2. Sprinkle with caramel.
3. Cover tightly with foil.
4. Bake for 45 minutes.
1. While pie is baking, in a mixing bowl at low speed, combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
2. Increase speed to medium; gradually add butter and vanilla, beating until wet crumbs form.
3. Remove pie from oven and uncover.
4. Using your hands, press tablespoons of the crumb mixture together to form large crumbs.
5. Place over filling, covering the entire surface.
6. Cover exposed edges of crust with aluminum foil to prevent burning.
7. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Cool on a rack and remove sides from the pan.
9. Stir together the confectioners' sugar with enough water to make "icing." Transfer to a plastic food storage bag, snip one corner and drizzle over crumbs.
This Recipe is from the Whispering Canyon Café at Walt Disney World's Wilderness Lodge.
You can currently dine for free at Walt Disney World Resort Florida if booking a trip before 7th July 2016.
65g all-purpose flour
400g package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1kg Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into ½-inch thick slices
85g cup granulated sugar
100g all-purpose flour
¾ tablespoon chopped candied ginger
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
170g caramel topping
280g all-purpose flour
85g granulated sugar
85g dark brown sugar, packed
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
170g melted butter or margarine
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
75g confectioners' sugar