Tuesday, 27 October 2015
Clemmie's top tips for maternity style
Having a bump doesn't mean abandoning your personal style – check out these top tips for maternity dressing by midwife and blogger Clemmie Hooper
Who better to know how to dress the bump than a midwife, mum and mum-to-be?
It's no secret we're big fans of Clemmie and her blog here at Gurgle (check out the #Askamidwife Q&A we ran with her last month) and that includes her style.
She's teamed up with M&S and we are loving the results. Check out her top tips:
- Just stay true to your style – don't start having an image overhaul. You don't need to buy a new wardrobe. Instead, pick a few key pieces – like some great maternity jeans, leggings and a few tops – that will last you during and after the pregnancy.
- Scarves are brilliant because you can accessorise with a strong print and layer them up or down really easily. They're also good once the baby has arrived.
- Invest in two to three pairs of good maternity jeans, including a skinny cut and a boyfriend style – they go with everything.
- You can't have enough pairs of leggings. They're great for every day and you can dress them up with a smart top and low heels.
- Invest in a good pair of flat shoes; they will last you once you've had the baby and you're pacing the streets with the buggy.