Car Seats made clearer with Joie
Need some help with Car Seat jargon? I-Size… ERF... ISOFIX…
This is an advertorial
Here at Joie we know a thing or two about car seats – we believe in going above and beyond to deliver the highest standards of safety and practicality in every product we produce! We have even built our own in-house car seat test track that's ECE government-certified and supports development of safety seats with the highest quality, precision and structural integrity.
In the UK, it is the law for children to use a car seat from birth to 12 years old, or until they are 135cm tall.
Car seats fall into different categories:
- Group 0: 0-10kg (approx. birth to 6-9 months)
- Group 0+: 0-13kg (approx. birth to 12-15 months) and 40-85cm
- Group 1: 9-18kg (approx. 9 months to 4 years) and 76-105cm
- Group 2: 15-25kg (approx. 4-6 years) and 100-135cm
- Group 3: 22-36kg (approx. 6-11 years) and 125-150cm
ISOFIX is an international standard system that allows you to fit a car seat directly into a vehicle without the need for a seatbelt - the car seats or base systems have two connector arms at the back that connect onto small bars fixed onto the chassis of the vehicle. These are designed to make fitting your seat fast, simple and safe.
There’s a safer way to get your little one from here-to-there and it’s called i-Size (ECE R129/00) - the new standard for child seat safety.
- Side Impact Certified – Better head, neck and all over protection due to first-ever standardised i-Size side impact criteria
- Rearward Facing Longer – Mandatory rearward facing travel to 15 months allows baby’s neck to develop and strengthen for forward-facing travel
- Smartest Dummies – All new, advanced technology crash test dummies simulate a child’s fragile body with much more accuracy
- Safest Install – Required ISOFIX means less room for installation error and ensures i-Size car seats will fit most current ISOFIX vehicles
- Better Fit Formula – Seat usage is now classified based on a child’s height instead of weight – ensuring a more accurate fit for growing children
Read more about i-Size here: http://joiebaby.com/isize/
Extended Rear Facing
Joie are committed to delivering the highest standard of safety in our car seats, this is why we have consulted with doctors and child safety experts worldwide to better understand the effects of a car crash on a child’s growing body. They agree rearward facing as long as possible is the safest way to go – this way, the car seat absorbs the impact, protecting the child’s head, neck and spine – even up to 73% more than forward facing!
Reasons to face rearward:
- Caution ahead – most crashes are at the front or from the side with a front angle
- Front facing danger – A child’s body is propelled forward, which can result in severe injury
- Rearward facing safety – A child’s body is securely cocooned while the safety seat absorbs the impact
Read more about Joie’s ‘Look Back Longer’ extended rear facing campaign here: http://www.joiebaby.com/lookbacklonger/