Mother of Daughters Clemmie Hooper's top parenting tips
Blogger, midwife and mother of four, Clemmie, shares her parenting manifesto
Mummy blogger and Instagram star, Clemmie Hooper aka Mother of Daughters sat down with our Samantha Wood to chat motherhood, the power of social media friendship and staying calm.
Here's her tip top advice for other mothers of daughters.
- Being a ‘good mum’ just means getting through the day, keeping the kids alive and being happy without high expectations.
- Keep baby name options under your hat. If you tell people you’ll be confronted with opinions that you really might not want.
- Motherhood can be boring and relentless at times, But that’s OK. It doesn’t mean you’re a bad mum for feeling that way. It means you’re normal.
- My mum told me to pick my battles when it came to my children. I try and apply that wisdom to most things in life now.
- You’ll suddenly be able to multi task. I can do an online shop, book swimming lessons and send emails whilst administering Calpol to a sick child.
- I’ve caught myself licking a tissue and wiping my children’s face even though I hated it when my mum did that to me.
- All of my girls are so different and their physical and emotional needs change all the time. Just when I think I've got one nailed, something happens and I’m back to square one.
- My husband stays calm for a lot longer than me. I tend to snap after a few minutes while he’s able to ignore the whinging and whining.
- Yesterday we went to the beach and played all day. We didn't look at the time and although it got late and we were sandy and sticky - we were all happy.
- You can’t beat connections you make on Social Media. I've met some amazing twin mums who have been incredible at giving me advice. Knowing you’re not alone on the bad days is a godsend.
- I never have time to myself anymore. I now understand Mrs Large's dilemma in the book Five Minutes Peace!
Clemmie’s jewellery collection with Rachel Jackson is available from racheljacksonlondon.com
Have you made great friends via social media? Let us know by Tweeting us @GurgleUK or follow our Facebook Page.