Mini chicken & vegetable pies
These tasty little minced chicken and veg pies are nutritious, easy to make, and can be cooked in advance and frozen for another day – perfect when you've got 101 plates to spin.
- Boil the potatoes until tender, drain and mash with the 25g butter, milk and cheese.
- Melt the 15g butter in a pan, add the leeks and chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes to brown the mince. Add the pepper, carrot, stock and herbs. Reduce the heat and simmer with the lid on for 8-10 minutes.
- Divide the mixture between 4 ramekin dishes and top with the mash, then place under a preheated grill until golden brown.
Serves: 4 portions
Total time: 40-50 mins
- 375g (12oz) potatoes (sweet potato and ordinary potatoes, mixed), peeled and cut into even sized pieces
- 25g (1oz) Yeo Valley unsalted butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Yeo Valley whole milk
- 25g (1oz) medium cheddar cheese, grated
- 200g (7oz) minced chicken
- 100g (4oz) leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 250ml (2 1/2 fl oz) chicken stock
- Pinch dried herbs
Recipe courtesy of Yeo Valley Family Farm
Recipes & FoodCheddar Ploughman tartlets
Cheddar Ploughman tartlets These tartlets make good picnic fodder (either cold...
Recipes & FoodCheese and chive biscuits
Cheese and chive biscuits These savoury biscuits couldn't be simpler, and you...
Recipes & FoodVeggie nuggets with curry mango dip
Veggie nuggets with curry mango dip These healthy veggie nuggets are so good...
Recipes & FoodSunflower pancakes with green pea purée
Sunflower pancakes with green pea purée Try this sunflower twist on...