Recipe: Delicious, no fuss homemade soup
- Put the vegetables in a pan and cover with boiling water or stock and cook for 4–5 minutes.
- Once cooked, strain the vegetables, keeping a couple of tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Add as much cheese/yogurt as you think your child wants, and purée with a blender.
- Serve with a swirl of cream cheese/crème fraîche/yogurt and garnish with the herbs. Hey presto! A meal for your child, which isn't hummus and breadsticks.
Serves 1 child
- 150g frozen vegetables
- Enough water or stock to cover
- A generous dollop of cream cheese/crème fraîche/
- Greek yogurt – whatever you have in the fridge
- Chives or flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Frozen veg is picked in season and frozen within hours, maintaining a high vitamin content at the same time as being quite cheap
Recipe courtesy of: The Crumbs Family Cookbook
Recipes & FoodCheese and chive biscuits
Cheese and chive biscuits These savoury biscuits couldn't be simpler, and you...
Recipes & FoodVeggie nuggets with curry mango dip
Veggie nuggets with curry mango dip These healthy veggie nuggets are so good...
Recipes & FoodSunflower pancakes with green pea purée
Sunflower pancakes with green pea purée Try this sunflower twist on...
Recipes & FoodYellow lentil soup with coconut
Yellow lentil soup with coconut A warming, creamy soup to brighten up the table...