Easy homemade pizza recipe
Masterchef winner and actress Lisa Faulkner shares one of her favourite family-friendly recipes
With today's hectic lifestyles, it's important to have a central place where people can relax, socialise and get creative; for Lisa this is in the kitchen. She loves cooking with her daughter and she enjoys getting involved too, especially when pizza is on the menu!
Lisa shows you and your little one how to rustle up a delicious pancetta, spring onion and thyme pizza in five easy steps.
For the Topping:
- 200g Pancetta lardons
- 400ml crème fraiche
- 4 sliced spring onions
- Handful of thyme leaves
For the dough:
- 300g/10½oz self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 300g/10½oz natural yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas 7 and put two baking trays in to heat.
- To pre-cook the lardons, heat one tbsp of vegetable oil in a medium frying pan and fry the lardons until slightly crisp then drain on kitchen paper and leave to cool.
- To make the dough, combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and make a well in the middle. Pour in the yoghurt and stir with a fork to combine. When the mixture forms a rough dough, turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead to form a smooth ball. Divide the dough into four equal pieces and roll out into thin circles.
- Carefully remove the hot baking trays from the oven and lay the pizza bases on top. Bake for 3-4 minutes until beginning to rise then remove from the oven.
- Turn the pizza bases over and top with a quarter of the crème fraiche, red onions, lardons and thyme leaves then return to the oven. Bake for five minutes until the bases are crisp and serve.
Lisa Faulkner, Hotpoint brand ambassador, launched the Love Your Kitchen campaign in 2015 to get families cooking creatively together. Head over to the Hotpoint site for more foodie inspiration and recipe ideas from the Love Your Kitchen campaign.
Do you have any recipes that you make with your little ones? Tweet us @GurgleUK or follow our Facebook Page.