Lemony asparagus and ricotta tart
This is a beautiful tart to celebrate asparagus season. You can substitute courgette or cherry tomatoes.
What you need:
- 1 quantity of ready-made shortcrust pastry
- A little plain flour, for dusting
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Grated zest of 1 lemon, to serve
For the filling:
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 150g crème fraîche
- 50g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 small bunch of fresh dill, leaves chopped
- Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- 200g asparagus spears, woody ends removed
- 75g podded fresh or frozen broad beans
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- A squeeze of lemon juice
From The Higgidy Cookbook by Camilla Stephens (£16.99, Quercus at £16.99). For more information visit higgidy.co.uk.
Recipes & FoodRecipe: Chicken pot pie
Recipe: Try this chicken pot pie A pot pie is a baked savoury pie completely...
Recipes & FoodRecipe: Chicken and chorizo pie
Recipe: Chicken and chorizo pie with spiced paprika crumble This is such a...
Recipes & FoodBeef Bourguignon pie
Delicious Beef Bourguignon pie With soft pieces of beef, salty bacon lardons...
Recipes & FoodCheddar Ploughman tartlets
Cheddar Ploughman tartlets These tartlets make good picnic fodder (either cold...