Cheddar Ploughman tartlets
These tartlets make good picnic fodder (either cold or still a little warm), or a great simple lunch with a crisp green salad
What you need:
- 1 quantity of ready-made shortcrust pastry
- A little plain flour, for dusting
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium egg and 1 egg yolk, whisked
- 200ml double cream
- 100g mature Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 50g dried breadcrumbs (blitz a piece of toast to fine crumbs in the food processor)
- 2 tsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 6 tbsp tomato chutney
- 6 cherry tomatoes, with green tufts left on
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
From The Higgidy Cookbook by Camilla Stephens (£16.99, Quercus at £16.99). For more information visit higgidy.co.uk.
Recipes & FoodLuxury love-themed fish pie
Luxury love-themed fish pie These delicious pies are made with soft fillets of...
Recipes & FoodMini chicken & vegetable pies
Mini chicken & vegetable pies These tasty little minced chicken and veg...
Recipes & FoodLemony asparagus and ricotta tart
Lemony asparagus and ricotta tart This is a beautiful tart to celebrate...
Recipes & FoodHearts full of fruit
Hearts full of fruit These almondy hearts have been the answer to our search...