Recipe: Doughnut flatlay
Just when you thought you couldn't love doughnuts any more, along comes Caroline Khoo and her iced temptations.
MAKES 12 - 14
WHAT YOU NEED
1 batch basic doughnuts
100g good quality dark chocolate
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM
- 125g softened, unsalted butter
- 500g soft icing mixture, sifted
- 50ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or essence
- Food colouring (optional)
WHAT TO DO
- Make the buttercream by adding all ingredients to a bowl and beating until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 small drop of red food colouring.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave in 10-second blasts until completely smooth and melted.
- Alternatively, put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and sit it over a small saucepan of simmering water; don't let the water touch the base of the bowl. Melt the chocolate until smoot, stirring gently.
- To decorate, dip a fork into the hot melted chocolate and wave it back and forth over each doughnut to create a beautiful free-flowing drizzle of melted chocolate.
- Allow to cool completely before adding the buttercream. Put it in a piping bag and, holding it on a 65-degree angle, pipe swirls on the sides of the doughnuts. Rotate the piping bag in an anticlockwise direction three times per doughnut.
This recipes features in I'm Just Here for Dessert by Caroline Khoo (£17.99, Murdoch Books), Photography by Caroline Khoo.
Recipes & FoodChristmas Baking Recipe: Gingerbread Reindeer biscuits
Christmas Baking Recipe: Reindeer biscuits Get in the festive spirit and bake...
Recipes & FoodEaster cookie recipe from the Biscuiteers featuring adorable iced animals
Easter cookie recipe from the Biscuiteers featuring adorable iced animals Bake...
Celebrity mums & dadsFearne Cotton chats healthy recipes, toddler tantrums and her new kidswear for Boots Mini Club
Fearne Cotton chats healthy recipes, toddler tantrums and her new kidswear for...
Recipes & FoodFrench toast recipe with fresh berry sauce
French toast recipe with fresh berry sauce Rustle up this fruity, super easy...