Egg Noodles with Tofu and Green Beans
It's amazing how much kids really love noodles. This recipe is good enough to make an extra bowl full for yourself.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, stir together the soy sauce, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over
- high heat. Add the oil and, when smoking, add the ginger and beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the tofu and stir-fry until golden.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and cook for 1 minute, or until slightly reduced.
- Add the noodles to the wok and toss well, or divide the noodles among serving bowls and top with the sauce. Serve with the cucumber and cashews.
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsps brown sugar
- 1 tbsp light-flavoured oil
- 4cm piece of fresh ginger,
- peeled and julienned or grated
- 200g green beans, sliced
- 300g tofu, cut into batons
- cucumber batons
- chopped cashew nuts
These and more great recipes are featured in Bill Cooks for Kids, 12.99 (Murdoch Books)
Recipes & FoodFondant hedgehog cupcakes
Fondant hedgehog cupcakes Want to learn how to make these lovely cupcake-...
Recipes & FoodPressed sandwiches
Pressed sandwiches These posh pressed sandwiches would make a great addition to...
Recipes & FoodAlmond granola bars
Almond granola bars These almond-scented granola bars are a wonderful, healthy...
Recipes & FoodSummery sausage rolls
Summery sausage rolls A summery, lighter take on the comfort food classic....