Chocolate Custard Tarts
Jam tarts, nice jam tarts, tell me the name of your sweetheart. Try a chocolate custard alternative to jam for an extra naughty treat.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F/Gas 7). Lightly grease both a non-stick 6-hole and a 12-hole 125 ml muffin tin.
- Place the egg yolks, sugar, cornflour and vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Add the cream and 125ml water and whisk again.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir for about 5 minutes, or until the mixture is thick. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and stir until melted. Leave to cool.
- Place the puff pastry sheets on top of each other and roll them up. Cut into slices 1cm wide and roll into rounds 10cm in diameter. Push each round into the muffin tin holes. Place in the freezer and chill for 10 minutes.
- Divide the custard mixture evenly among the tart shells. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tins for 10 minutes. Remove, dust with icing sugar and serve.
- 3 egg yolks
- 55g caster sugar
- 2 tbsps cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 185ml cream
- 150g dark chocolate, grated
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- icing sugar
Recipes & FoodFondant hedgehog cupcakes
Fondant hedgehog cupcakes Want to learn how to make these lovely cupcake-...
Recipes & FoodPressed sandwiches
Pressed sandwiches These posh pressed sandwiches would make a great addition to...
Recipes & FoodAlmond granola bars
Almond granola bars These almond-scented granola bars are a wonderful, healthy...
Recipes & FoodSummery sausage rolls
Summery sausage rolls A summery, lighter take on the comfort food classic....