Delicious and hearty, this wintery soup is full of goodness (and hidden veggies), great for your little growing tots
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion and bacon until the onion is soft. Add the carrots, courgettes, celery, potatoes, tomatoes and 4-bean mix and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add 2.5 litres water to the pan and season with freshly ground black pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Stir in the pasta and green beans and simmer until tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley
and serve with crusty bread.
- Hint: Prepare ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for warming winter meals through the week or at the weekend.
- Serves 20, prep time 15 minutes, cooking time 1 hour 20 minutes
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 slice rindless bacon, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, halved lengthways and
- 3 courgettes, halved lengthways and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 potatoes, chopped
- 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 400g tin 4-bean mix, drained and rinsed
- 30g small pasta shapes
- 125g green beans, trimmed and sliced
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley
These and more great recipes are featured in Healthy Living with Babies and Toddlers
Recipes & FoodFondant hedgehog cupcakes
Fondant hedgehog cupcakes Want to learn how to make these lovely cupcake-...
Recipes & FoodPressed sandwiches
Pressed sandwiches These posh pressed sandwiches would make a great addition to...
Recipes & FoodAlmond granola bars
Almond granola bars These almond-scented granola bars are a wonderful, healthy...
Recipes & FoodSummery sausage rolls
Summery sausage rolls A summery, lighter take on the comfort food classic....