Cheese and Apple on toast
This is a quick, easy and delicious way to combine fruit with protein and carbohydrates to keep your toddler going.
You can replace the apple, or combine it, with finely chopped celery or grated carrot instead.
- Preheat the grill to high. Toast the bread lightly and give it a thin slick of butter if you like.
- Grate the apple into a bowl (you don’t need to peel it, but make sure there are no big bits of skin
- in the mix). Add the cheese and toss to mix.
- Pile the apple and cheese on to the toast. Put under the grill for a couple of minutes or until goldenand bubbling. Leave to cool a little before serving.
Per adult serving
- 1 slice of bread
- A little unsalted butter (optional)
- About ½ dessert apple
- About 35g Cheddar or
- other well-flavoured
- hard cheese, grated
From River Cottage Baby & Toddler Cookbook
Recipes & FoodFondant hedgehog cupcakes
Fondant hedgehog cupcakes Want to learn how to make these lovely cupcake-...
Recipes & FoodPressed sandwiches
Pressed sandwiches These posh pressed sandwiches would make a great addition to...
Recipes & FoodAlmond granola bars
Almond granola bars These almond-scented granola bars are a wonderful, healthy...
Recipes & FoodSummery sausage rolls
Summery sausage rolls A summery, lighter take on the comfort food classic....