Spicy Lamb Meatballs with Cool Mint Dip
Every cuisine has its own version of meatballs – always popular with children.
This is my Moroccan-inspired recipe, simply mixed with fragrant, rather than hot, spices. Serve in warmed pitta bread with salad and a spoonful of cool cucumber yoghurt.
- Heat the oven to 200˚C/fan oven 180˚C/Gas Mark 6. Mix together the minced lamb, onion, spice mix and lemon rind, and season well. Roll into 16 meatballs. Heat the oil in a roasting tin set on the hob, add the meatballs and brown on all sides. Add the cherry tomatoes and red onions to the tin, and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, mix the yoghurt with the mint, grated cucumber, lemon juice and seasoning. Pile the meatballs into warmed pitta bread, add a handful of salad and top with a spoonful of the yoghurt.
Prepare 10 minutes
Cook 30 minutes
- 500g good-quality
- lamb mince
- 1 red onion (optional),
- finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ras el Hanout spice mix
- Grated rind and juice
- of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 small red onions,
- cut into chunks
- 150g natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 10cm piece
- cucumber, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Pitta bread, to serve
- Salad, to serve
Recipes & FoodFondant hedgehog cupcakes
Fondant hedgehog cupcakes Want to learn how to make these lovely cupcake-...
Recipes & FoodPressed sandwiches
Pressed sandwiches These posh pressed sandwiches would make a great addition to...
Recipes & FoodAlmond granola bars
Almond granola bars These almond-scented granola bars are a wonderful, healthy...
Recipes & FoodSummery sausage rolls
Summery sausage rolls A summery, lighter take on the comfort food classic....