Chocolate chip oat cookies
Serve with vanilla ice cream for an easy (but always popular) pud, or add to a packed lunch
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/ fan oven 170˚C/Gas Mark 5.
- Beat the butter with the sugar in a large mixing bowl until pale and creamy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the oats, salt and flour, then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture on to parchment-lined baking sheets with room for the cookie mixture to spread.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until pale golden.
- Cool for a minute or two on the sheets then, transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight tin.
- 100g butter
- 150g light brown muscovado sugar
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g jumbo oats
- Pinch of salt
- 75g plain flour, sifted
- 200g dark
- chocolate chips
Makes about 24
Prepare 15 minutes
Cook 15 minutes
Extract written by Mary Gwynn, from The Busy Mum's Cookbook
Recipes & FoodFondant hedgehog cupcakes
Fondant hedgehog cupcakes Want to learn how to make these lovely cupcake-...
Recipes & FoodPressed sandwiches
Pressed sandwiches These posh pressed sandwiches would make a great addition to...
Recipes & FoodAlmond granola bars
Almond granola bars These almond-scented granola bars are a wonderful, healthy...
Recipes & FoodSummery sausage rolls
Summery sausage rolls A summery, lighter take on the comfort food classic....