Recipe: Soft boiled egg asparagus and Parmesan
Super chef Alain Ducasse's new book Cooking for Kids offers a culinary explosion of tastes and textures for adventurous tots
- Peel and wash the asparagus spears. Cut the tips to make spears 5-6cm long. Steam for 4 minutes.
- Prepare a bowl of cold water and ice cubes. As soon as the asparagus tips are done, remove them
with a slotted spoon and dip them briefly into the ice water. Drain them on a paper towel. Let them cool to lukewarm and cut in two lengthwise. Set aside.
- Put the egg in a bowl of hot tap water for about 5 minutes to bring it to room temperature, if cold out of the refrigerator. Transfer it to a steaming basket or a pot of boiling water and cook for three minutes.
- Place the egg in an egg cup. Cut the top off and insert an asparagus tip.
- Place the other asparagus tips on the plate.
- When baby has finished the yolk and asparagus, scrape the egg white out and put it on the plate. Add the Parmesan so he can eat it all with a teaspoon.
Ingredients (from age 2)
- 3 asparagus spears
- 1 fresh egg
- 10g Parmesan cheese shavings
Instead of asparagus, you could also use small sticks of raw veg, such as carrots, celery and cucumber.