Blended herbs and lettuce soup
- Peel and wash the potato. Cut it into small pieces and steam for ten minutes.
- Rinse the chervil, flat-leaf parsley and watercress. Pick off all the leaves.
- Wash the lettuce leaves and remove the ribs. Chop the leaves roughly. Rinse the mint and set aside.
- Bring some lightly salted water to the boil in a pan. Prepare a bowl filled with water and ice cubes. ✦ Drop all the herbs (with the exception of the mint), the watercress and lettuce into the boiling water.
- Cook for two minutes, remove with a slotted spoon, and immediately drop into the ice water.
- Drain well. Gather them together with your hands and squeeze well to remove as much water as possible.
- Heat the formula (or expressed milk). Blend the potato, herbs and lettuce, gradually adding the hot milk. Stir in the cream. Finely chop the mint leaves and add.
- Blend again until the soup is very smooth.
- Test the temperature and pour into a bowl or bottle.
- 1 medium potato (about 150g)
- 10 sprigs chervil 10 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 5 sprigs watercress 5 large lettuce leaves
- 3 mint leaves 3⁄4 cup (200 ml) formula (or expressed milk)
- 1 tsp double cream
Set aside one or two leaves of each of the herbs every time you prepare this soup. Let baby taste them to introduce her to their flavours.
Recipe from Cooking for Kids by Alain Ducasse
Recipes & FoodTry your little ones with some beetroot
Recipe: Bring beetroot into your toddler's diet Method Peel and rinse the...
Recipes & FoodCourgette prawn and grapes combo
Courgette prawn and grapes combo Method Wash the courgette and squash....
Recipes & FoodSoft cheese and seasonal fruits
Soft cheese and seasonal fruits Super chef Alain Ducasse's new book Cooking for...
Recipes & FoodEgg, asparagus and Parmesan
Recipe: Soft boiled egg asparagus and Parmesan Super chef Alain Ducasse's new...