Recipe: Allergy-free chocolate and orange buns
These buns are suitable for anyone with milk, soya, egg, wheat and gluten allergy.
Method - To make 12 little buns
- Heat the over to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas mark 6
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the dairy free margarine and the caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Zest amd juice the orange. Then beat into the dairy free margarine and caster mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, xanthan gum and no egg replacer, then gently fold into the bun mix along with the chocolate chips.
- Place a heaped teaspoon full onto the baking paper then pop into the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- When cooked, use a palette knife to move onto a cooling rack. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
- A small grater
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Baking sheet
- A juicer
- 100g dairy free margarine
- 100g caster sugar
- 50g wheat/gluten/free white self raising flour
- 2 heaped teaspoons of egg replacer
- Half teaspoon of xanthan gum
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 100g bag plain chocolate chips
Recipe from MomenTums Cookbook
Recipes & FoodOrganix passion fruit cake
Organix passion fruit cake A no-junk treat, it won't last long as it's got no...
Recipes & FoodFondant hedgehog cupcakes
Fondant hedgehog cupcakes Want to learn how to make these lovely cupcake-...
Recipes & FoodPressed sandwiches
Pressed sandwiches These posh pressed sandwiches would make a great addition to...
Recipes & FoodAlmond granola bars
Almond granola bars These almond-scented granola bars are a wonderful, healthy...