Recipe: Fast, tasty, easy family pasta
Fast, easy, tasty - what more can you ask for of recipes the whole family will love? Claire and Lucy McDonald have got it sorted
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- First, roast the tomatoes. Cut them in half, toss them with olive oil and salt and pepper in a bowl, so they are evenly coated, and then spread them out in a lined roasting tin. (We have only just started making the effort to line roasting tins and it does make washing up much easier.)
- Roast them until they are lightly charred and sweet – about 40 minutes.
- Around 10 minutes before you want to
eat, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. Drain it, reserving a ladleful of cooking water for the sauce. Transfer back to the saucepan and keep warm.
- When the tomatoes are roasted, add them to the pasta with the pine nuts, half the Parmesan and the ladleful of the pasta water.
- Stir until everything is evenly coated, tear the basil and add it to the pan with some salt and pepper. Serve with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil 400g pasta (penne is nice)
- 50g toasted pine nuts
- 100g grated Parmesan cheese
- Basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
Tip: Roasting the tomatoes gives them a sweet smokiness. The bursts of sweet cherry tomatoes are wonderful, but you could use bigger tomatoes, chopped.
Recipe courtesy of: The Crumbs Family Cookbook
Recipes & FoodPizza Bianco
Pizza Bianco Masterchef winner and actress Lisa Faulkner shares one of her...
Recipes & FoodCheese and chive biscuits
Cheese and chive biscuits These savoury biscuits couldn't be simpler, and you...
Recipes & FoodVeggie nuggets with curry mango dip
Veggie nuggets with curry mango dip These healthy veggie nuggets are so good...
Recipes & FoodSunflower pancakes with green pea purée
Sunflower pancakes with green pea purée Try this sunflower twist on...