Recipe: Easy and tasty homemade pesto
Homemade pesto is delicious and a proper meal in a way that pasta and shop-bought pesto just isn't. Just blitz it and ta da! A delicious condiment is born.
- Place herbs, cheese, garlic and nuts (cooled) in a food processor. Whizz up, season and add the oil. Taste. Add more of what you fancy, and a squirt of lemon juice.
- Spread on sandwiches, stir into soup, add to dressings, drizzle on meat, vegetables and pasta.
- This will keep for a few weeks in a lidded jar in the fridge – make sure there is a layer of oil over the top. Or freeze in ice cube trays.
- About 30g basil leaves (other herbs would also work)
- 40g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, crushed
- 40g nuts, lightly toasted
- Pinch of salt, grind of pepper
- 75ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon (optional)
Recipe courtesy of: The Crumbs Family Cookbook
Recipes & FoodPizza Bianco
Pizza Bianco Masterchef winner and actress Lisa Faulkner shares one of her...
Recipes & FoodCheese and chive biscuits
Cheese and chive biscuits These savoury biscuits couldn't be simpler, and you...
Recipes & FoodVeggie nuggets with curry mango dip
Veggie nuggets with curry mango dip These healthy veggie nuggets are so good...
Recipes & FoodSunflower pancakes with green pea purée
Sunflower pancakes with green pea purée Try this sunflower twist on...