Recipe: Tasty and easy winter veg with a twist
Here's a great winter veg recipe to try.
- Heat up a heavy bottomed pan and add the fennel seeds. Cover and dry them out for a couple of minutes, making sure that they do not burn.
- Add the sprouts, sweet potatoes, the garlic head (cut in half), bay leaf and the thyme. Cover and shake the pan so that the vegetables will warm up but not burn.
- Add a little stock and cover. The steam will start to cook the vegetables.
- You might need to repeat step 3 a couple of times, depending on how cooked you like your vegetables (make sure that the pan is dry before adding more stock).
- When the vegetables are cooked to your liking, add the chestnuts, and warm them up.
- Remove from the fire; add the cranberries, honey, butter, some rapeseed oil and the black pepper. Toss altogether, adjust the seasoning and serve.
Tip: If using dry cranberries, boil them in water for a few minutes to plump them up.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
- 250g sprouts (if large, cut them in half)
- 100g cooked and peeled chestnuts
- 75g fresh cranberries or 50g dried cranberries
- 2tsp honey
- 1/2tsp fennel seeds
- 1 garlic head
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Extra virgin rapeseed oil
- Cracked black pepper
- Stock or water
- 50g butter
- 1 bay leaf
Recipes & FoodPizza Bianco
Pizza Bianco Masterchef winner and actress Lisa Faulkner shares one of her...
Recipes & FoodCheese and chive biscuits
Cheese and chive biscuits These savoury biscuits couldn't be simpler, and you...
Recipes & FoodVeggie nuggets with curry mango dip
Veggie nuggets with curry mango dip These healthy veggie nuggets are so good...
Recipes & FoodSunflower pancakes with green pea purée
Sunflower pancakes with green pea purée Try this sunflower twist on...