Recipe: Lemon and poppyseed sweet omelette
Here's a refreshing way to start any day!
The tart lemon lifts and adds a brightness, the poppy seeds provide a tasty little crunch and what could be better than maple syrup and berries? The omelette is grain-free and full of essential good fats to feed your brain for a busy day ahead.
- Place a small frying pan over a medium-high heat. Break the eggs into a small bowl and whisk thoroughly until they are very light and fluffy: the fluffier the eggs, the fluffier your omelette. Mix in the salt, syrup, lemon zest and half the poppy seeds.
- Add the coconut oil to the hot pan, let it cover the base and use a wooden spatula to spread it around, then pour in your egg mixture. Carefully pull in the sides with the spatula while tilting the pan to let the egg run back out to fill the gap. Continue in this fashion until there is no runny egg left. Now carefully flip the omelette over – the second side will only need 30 seconds or so.
- Gently slide the omelette out of the pan onto a waiting plate, spoon over your fave yoghurt and top with blueberries, a final drizzle of maple syrup and sprinkle on the remaining poppyseeds and some lemon zest. Enjoy while hot.
- 2 free-range eggs
- Pinch of good salt
- 1 generous tsp maple syrup, plus extra for drizzling
- Zest of 1⁄4 of an unwaxed lemon, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 heaped tsp coconut oil
- 1 generous dollop of your favourite yoghurt
- 1 small handful of fresh blueberries
Recipe courtesy of Nourish: Mind, Body & Soul: Mind, Body & Soul