Recipe: Roast pumpkin, golden beets and squash
This warm salad is seriously nourishing, and the silky squash, earthy beets and potent garlic combine to make a flavoursome dish that you will love. It's super easy and looks colourful.
It's great with hummus and greens for lunch or for dinner as a side to something more substantial.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
- Slice the butternut squash into four long slices and place on a big baking tray with the golden beet wedges. Cut the pumpkin halves into lovely crescent moon wedges – roughly 4 wedges per half pumpkin – and add to the tray too, with the garlic cloves.
- Drizzle olive oil generously over everything, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and roast in the oven for about 30–35 minutes.
- Keep an eye on them; you want the edges to start browning and the veg to be tender all through – check by inserting a small sharp knife into a thick piece.
- Remove the veg from the oven and allow to cool a little. Transfer everything to a shallow platter and serve.
- 1⁄2 butternut squash, washed, halved lengthways, seeds removed
- 4 golden beets, washed, peeled and cut into
- 6 wedges
- 1 medium orange pumpkin, washed, halved, seeds removed
- 1 whole bulb rose garlic, cloves separated but unpeeled
- A few good glugs of olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Recipe courtesy of: Nourish: Mind, Body & Soul by Amber Rose, Sadie Frost and Holly Davidson
Recipes & FoodPizza Bianco
Pizza Bianco Masterchef winner and actress Lisa Faulkner shares one of her...
Recipes & FoodCheese and chive biscuits
Cheese and chive biscuits These savoury biscuits couldn't be simpler, and you...
Recipes & FoodVeggie nuggets with curry mango dip
Veggie nuggets with curry mango dip These healthy veggie nuggets are so good...
Recipes & FoodSunflower pancakes with green pea purée
Sunflower pancakes with green pea purée Try this sunflower twist on...