This recipe goes to show the veggie alternative needn't taste any less delicious than its meat-based counterpart
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 400g black beans, drained and rinsed
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 pinches of salt
- 200g mashed potatoes
- 75g cashew nuts (optional), chopped
- 50g sweetcorn
- 1 egg
- 20g fresh breadcrumbs
- 40g panko breadcrumbs (or standard dried breadcrumbs)
For the dressing:
- 2 avocados, peeled, stoned, cut in chunks
- 100ml soured cream
- Herb seasoning salt (or regular salt)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 burger buns
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Green leaves such as spinach
- Roasted potato wedges
Eating & ExerciseHow to have a healthy vegetarian pregnancy
How to have a healthy vegetarian pregnancy How to be a veggie during pregnancy...
Recipes & FoodPizza Bianco
Pizza Bianco Masterchef winner and actress Lisa Faulkner shares one of her...
Recipes & FoodCheese and chive biscuits
Cheese and chive biscuits These savoury biscuits couldn't be simpler, and you...
Recipes & FoodVeggie nuggets with curry mango dip
Veggie nuggets with curry mango dip These healthy veggie nuggets are so good...