Cheesy veggie enchiladas
Full of fresh corn, beans and hot spices, and topped with delicious Cheddar cheese, these enchiladas are the ideal treat to enjoy at home with the whole family. Tuck into them with a cucumber and chilli salsa for a burst of freshness!
- 2 courgettes
- 10g fresh coriander
- 2 fresh corn on the cob
- 2g smoked paprika
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 400g butter beans
- 200g mature Cheddar
- 1 unwaxed lime
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 1 x flour tortillas
- Salt, black pepper
- Olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Place the chopped tomatoes, paprika, 1tsp of sugar into a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over a medium heat and cook for 5 mins, until slightly thickened. Season generously with salt and pepper.
2. Meanwhile, wash and cut the courgette into quarters lengthwise, slice into 1cm thick pieces. Remove the husk from the corn and cut away the kernels. Drain and rinse the beans. Grate the cheese.
3. Heat 1tbsp of oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook courgette and corn kernels in the hot pan until charred (be careful as the corn can pop out of the pan), 5-8 mins, season with salt and pepper. Add the beans and stir to warm through.
4. Spread half the tomato sauce over the base of a ovenproof dish. Divide the filling between the tortillas, then top with a little cheese. Roll up, place seam-side down into the dish. Add remaining sauce and cheese on top, bake for 10-15 mins, until the cheese has melted.
5. Meanwhile, wash then cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, use a teaspoon to scrape out the seeds. Cut in half lengthwise again and thinly slice. Wash and cut the tomatoes into thin wedges. Wash and roughly chop the coriander.
6. Cut the lime in half, slice one half into wedges and squeeze the juice of the other into a medium bowl. Whisk in 1tbsp of oil to make the dressing. Add cucumber, tomato and coriander to the dressing, season with salt and pepper and serve alongside the warm enchiladas.