An easy ham lasagne that's a lighter alternative to beef or lamb.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF/Gas 4).
- Put the tinned tomatoes and cherry tomatoes in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20–25 minutes. Add the garlic, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and cook for another minute.
- Cut the lasagne sheets to fit a 25 x 35cm baking dish. Lightly grease the dish with olive oil and spread with three tablespoons of the tomato sauce. Top with a sheet of pasta and then an eighth of the tomato sauce. Tear and scatter an eighth each of the ham, ricotta and mozzarella over the sauce. Repeat the layers until the pasta, sauce, ham and cheese have been used up. Sprinkle the Parmesan and some salt and freshly ground black pepper over the top and drizzle with the remaining oil.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Serve garnished with basil leaves.
- 3 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 600g fresh lasagne sheets
- 12 thick slices leg ham
- 750g fresh ricotta
- 450g fresh mozzarella cheese or bocconcini
- (baby mozzarella), sliced
- 100g grated Parmesan
- basil leaves
These and more great recipes are featured in Bill Cooks for Kids, 12.99 (Murdoch Books)
Recipes & FoodFondant hedgehog cupcakes
Fondant hedgehog cupcakes Want to learn how to make these lovely cupcake-...
Recipes & FoodPressed sandwiches
Pressed sandwiches These posh pressed sandwiches would make a great addition to...
Recipes & FoodAlmond granola bars
Almond granola bars These almond-scented granola bars are a wonderful, healthy...
Recipes & FoodSummery sausage rolls
Summery sausage rolls A summery, lighter take on the comfort food classic....