Marcello Tully’s Rice Krispie fish fingers with tangy mayo
Marcello Tully’s Rice Krispie fish fingers with tangy mayo is as tasty as it is unusual – the kids will love playing with the krispies and getting their hands mucky
- For the mayonnaise, combine the egg yolks, crushed garlic, mustard powder and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk
- Pour the oil in a jug and whilst whisking the egg mix, gradually add a drop or 2 of oil to the bowl- Why not get the little ones involved in the mayo making. The children can whisk while the adults pour in the oil, or vice-versa.
- Slowly add some more of the oil until the mix starts to thicken. Then, add the white wine vinegar and whisk
- Add the rest of the oil very gradually until it is all incorporated and the sauce resembles a mayonnaise
- Mix in the lemon juice and chopped chives
- For the Rice Krispie fish fingers, cut the fish into finger-sized portions and set aside
- Add the sesame seeds and rice krispies to a large bowl. Use your hands to crush into a fine powder - Let the children crush the Rice Krispies and listen out for a cacophony of snap, crackle and pop sounds.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg to make egg wash – This is a fun thing to do for kids of all ages
- In another large bowl or plate, pour in the flour and season with paprika
- Coat the fish in the flour mix, shake to remove excess. Dip into the beaten egg and then coat in the rice krispie/sesame seed mix. Repeat until each piece of fish is coated – time for the kids to get their hands mucky!
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the fish fingers in batches and fry for 11/2–2 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through
- Remove the fish from the pan and place on a plate covered with kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil. Serve with the tangy mayonnaise dip
Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- 1kg cod, 4 fillets
- Mayonnaise dip
- 220ml vegetable oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp English mustard powder
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 45g rice krispies
- 3 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 0.5 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 pinch black pepper
Recipe courtesy of www.greatbritishchefs.com
Recipes & FoodFondant hedgehog cupcakes
Fondant hedgehog cupcakes Want to learn how to make these lovely cupcake-...
Recipes & FoodPressed sandwiches
Pressed sandwiches These posh pressed sandwiches would make a great addition to...
Recipes & FoodAlmond granola bars
Almond granola bars These almond-scented granola bars are a wonderful, healthy...
Recipes & FoodSummery sausage rolls
Summery sausage rolls A summery, lighter take on the comfort food classic....